Chopta: Mini Switerland of India
Chopta is also known as "Mini switerland of India". Chopta is located 410 km in Uttrakhand from Delhi. Chopta is another beautiful & charming destination, which can never be forget for a lifetime. he Chopta region is rich in varied flora and fauna, with plenty of Rhododendron and Deodar trees all around. Chopta is a paradise in Uttrakhand with lush green, with lofty mountain chains covered with snow, velvety meadows, and awe-inspiring views. Due to beauty & charm of Chopta, this destination is started popular among wonderlust.
Chopta is also a base camp for the famous trek to Tungnath Temple and Chandrashila Peak.
Tungnath & Chandrashila Trek: Chopta to Tungnath is a short trek. Tungnath temple situated at height of 3400 metres above sea level. It is one best place to experience peace of mind & spending time in silence to rejuvenate yourself by absorbing the pure radiance from the sun coming in between the swaying trees. Trek to Chandrashila peak also possible on the same day (approx 3 km) ahead of Tungnath temple. From Chandrashila you experience 360 degree view of mountain peaks covered with snow. From here one can get glance some of the peak Kedar, Chaukhamba and some of the other major peaks.
This trek is comparatively easy making it suitable for beginners. One will find it quite interesting passing by the thick green forests and watching the snow-clad peaks at the distance
TRIP STARTS FROM
TRIP ENDS AT
Day 1 : Overnight Journey from Delhi to Chopta
- Gather and meet the trip Manager at Mayur Vihar Phase-1 Metro Station at 8:00 pm. Boarding & depart for Chopta. Overnight journey from Delhi to Chopta, Uttrakhand
Day 2 : Chopta: Mini Switerland of India
- Reach Chopta in the morning, camps check-in & rest for a while after long journey.
- After rest, self-exploration, you can explore nearby location by foot or can enjoy the campsite activities like mountain cycling, other sports activities available at campsite.
- By evening back to campsite. Have tea & soup with snacks in the evening followed by dinner & overnight stay in camps.
MEAL : Dinner
Day 3 : Tungnath & Chandrashila Trek
- Wake up early morning & enjoy the beautiful morning view of Chopta, refresh & have breakfast.
- After breakfast, we will start the Tungnath & Chandrashila trek. A short trek but full of scenic beauty. Tungnath is the highest Shiva temple in the world. Tungnath is an ideal place to seek mental peace, this temple is popular among the locals and trekkers as well. After spending some good time at Tungnath temple, we start walking towards Chandrashila towering height of 3,600 metres. From Chandrashila top, you will glipmse the 360 degree paranomic view of the Kumaon & Garhwal ranges.
- By evening back to campsite by evening. Have tea & evening snacks followed by dinner & overnight stay in camps.
MEAL : Breakfast & Dinner
Day 4 : Hike to Deoria Tal Lake
- Wake up, refresh & breakfast.
- After breakfast, we will go to Sari village and hike to astonishing Deoria Tal lake in Chopta.
- After enjoying trek, back to chopta. Have lunch and by early evening will depart from chopta to Delhi. Overnight journey from Chopta to Delhi.
MEAL : Breakfast
Day 5 : Back to Delhi
- Back to Delhi in the morning with sweet memories.
Inclusion & Exclusion
✔ 2 Nights & 3 Days stays in Chopta
✔ Travel by comfortable & in AC transport
✔ Meal Included (2 breakfast, 2 dinner, Evening snacks) during the trip
✔ Accommodation for 2 night in tents with scenic mountain views
✔ Tungnath & Chandrashila peak trek
✔ Hike to Deoria Tal Lake
✔ Fun activities, if time and weather permits
✔ Trip manager during the trip
✔ All tax inclusive, No Hidden Charge.!
✘ Any Extra meals or Snacks or juice or water that you purchase.
✘ Any kind of entrance fees or forest charge, if applicable.
✘ Hiking equipment other than those mentioned above. (Trekking Poles, Poncho/Raincoat available at extra cost which can be selected while booking the trek).
✘ Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
✘ Mule/Porter services for carrying personal belongings.
✘ Medical expenses (apart from first aid) and insurance of any kind.
✘ Tips, laundry, liquors, wines, mineral water, telephone charges, camera fee and items of personal nature.